So the other day I was watching a documentary (aka – semi-trashy show on Bravo) where celebrities were highlighting their 10 favorite things. No particular order, no rhyme or reason, no shame in ranking a bangle bracelet after their husband and kids.
(It was a little junior high in that way, I must admit. You know…”i LOVE that nail polish!”…”i love, love, love Jonathon Taylor Thomas!”…”I love my Daddy!”…”I love grape slushies!”…”I *luv* you!” Lots of love going around, with no distinction between parents and a drink from Sonic.)
And that is how I came to make my own, shamelessly disordered, list of 10 things I love.
The great thing about junior high lists like this one is that tomorrow it has the potential to be totally different…so I’m not taking myself too seriously here.
One last thing…this is a list of my favorite things, not people. Didn’t want you to judge me for not including my husband or my momma. 😉
The Top 10 Things I Love…today…
1. My wristlet-keychain…I can find my keys so much more easily now, and it’s perfect to slip on when I’m walkin’ the dog. It was a gift from a former student of mine, but I’ve got a friend who has started making them. Give me a shout if you want her contact info!
2. My Bible-in-a-year…I’ve stuck with it for going on 6 months now, thanks to God working in me and the layout of this particular Bible.
3. My kindle…Gotta say, I wasn’t so sure about e-readers in the beginning. I love to just devour books, I love the feel of a book in my hands…and as it turns out, I love the accessibility and ease of e-readers! It’s breaks the bank from time to time, but I’ve been converted. (Love that free Kindle app too…I’ve got it on all my devices!)
4. Naproxen…I hesitated for a second about putting a prescription drug on my list of 10 favorite things. Then that second ended. The truth is that it is super helpful when I’m having horrible cramps. Everyone who has to be within a 10 ft. radius of me during that time should be thankful for this one as well.
5. My button bracelets…Each time I see them I’m reminded of my sweet Pappy. It’s hard to believe that she’s been gone for a little over a year now, and I still wish I could sit and visit with her…but I’m happy to know that she is in the presence of our Lord!
6. My blankie…Hehe, sounds so adult right?! It’s not actually mine (I do have a beautiful quilt that was made just for me), it was made for Chris by his momma…but it’s all broken in and so comfy. I’m cold natured and like to snuggle up, so this blanket is never far from me when I’m home!
7. My hammock…I’ve always wanted one, and now my dream has come true! I swing in it a little every evening, and if this darn weather would ever cool off I’d devote the bulk of an entire day to swinging away!
8. My marriage journal…This one contains a monthly review of year 2, with plenty of room for me to write about year 3. I love having the chance to record where we are and what we’re going through…it’s a great way to reflect and see our growth.
9. My Nike shorts…I wear these almost everyday. I go to the store and stare longingly at all the other colors at least once every couple of weeks. They are supa’ comfortable and fit my slouchy summer style.
10. My sweet pup Huxley…I know he’s not a person, nor is he exactly a “thing,” but I decided to include him on my list because I just couldn’t resist. He keeps me great company during the day, he has the funniest personality, and he’s really been upping his manners game lately. Isn’t he handsome?! 😉
KEEP CALM & BE THANKFUL FOR ALL THAT’S GOOD IN YOUR LIFE!