Yesterday more fall weather blew in, bringing buckets o’ rain along with it. When I got home from work it was a chilly 60 degrees outside, and I was in the mood for something heartwarming for dinner.
Yep, I think chicken and dumplins’ fit the bill.
This is a favorite recipe of ours, and I can lay absolutely no claim to it. McCormick actually makes these little seasoning packets (with all the seasonings you need for the recipe – awesome!), which is where we got the recipe. Now we just use the spices from our cabinet, but tomato, tomahto.
It’s easy, it’s yummy, and it’s warm & toasty on cool fall days. Enjoy!
Country Herb Chicken & Dumplings
What You Need:
*3/4 tsp McCormick Rubbed Sage
*1/2 tsp McCormick Minced Garlic
*1/2 tsp McCormick Crushed Rosemary Leaves
*1/2 tsp McCormick Thyme Leaves
*1/2 tsp McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper
*3/4 tsp McCormick Parsley Flakes
(Remember: You can buy all the spices pre-measured / packaged on the spice aisle!)
*1/4 cup butter
*1 medium onion, chopped
*1/4 cup flour
*3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
*1 cup milk
*3 cups cubed cooked chicken
*2 cups assorted frozen vegetables
*2 tubes of biscuits
What To Do:
1) Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
2) Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened.
3) Sprinkle with flour, stir with whisk until mixture is well blended.
4) Add broth, milk, and all the spices except Parsley; whisk until mixture is smooth.
5) Stir in chicken and veggies, bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium
6) Roll biscuits into balls; roll in parsley, then drop onto chicken mixture
7) Cook uncovered for 10 minutes
8) Cook covered for 10 minutes
9) Enjoy! 🙂
KEEP CALM & HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!