Late post today…I spent the morning searching for a chiropractor and the rest of the day shopping for school decor and baby shower goodies in the big city. Fun day!
Thought I’d make an addition to my Kitchen Dairies series…I’ve been trying some seriously yummy recipes lately. (We’re both still alive, so I think that says a lot! *wink*)
As always, remember that this is not my original recipe. In this case, I tried one out from Jenna’s Journey called Chicken Roll-Ups. Go check her out and give her props for a yummy recipe!
*1 pkg cream cheese (8oz)
*1 pkg crescent rolls (okay, so it actually took me two packages…have an extra just in case!)
*2 shredded, cooked chicken breasts
*1.5 cups grated cheddar cheese
*1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (she used Montery Jack…either would work!)
*1/4 t salt
*1/4 t pepper
*Italian bread crumbs
*1/4 stick melted butter
What to do…
1) Boil & shred the chicken…this is the longest part, and it made me impatient. 😛
2) Combine chicken, cheeses, salt & pepper.
3) Spoon onto crescents and roll them up to make sure they are sealed around the chicken mixture. (Does anyone else like to eat raw dough? I do!)
4) Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. (The italian breadcrumbs really made this recipe…my favorite part for sure!)
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. (Make sure you turn your oven off afterwards. I’m not saying that I left mine on for a dangerously long time or anything. I’m just saying that you should be really careful.)