*Clarification: Never, and I mean never, should you actually slap your mother-in-law. No good can come of that. Just roll with today’s post as an expression of speech!
Now that we have that cleared up, I’ve GOT to share this recipe with y’all. My mother-in-law made it for us the last time we went down to visit, and I practically gorged myself on it. So, so good. Of course, she made it using fresh ingrediants from the little produce stand down the road from her stand, so that made it just that much better.
I sooooo do not want to break any copyright rules here, so let me direct you to the exact pages you can find this recipe. They’ve got it in an easy-to-print version, as well as lots of other yummy looking recipes! I’ll definitely be cruising around these sites a little more myself. Show them some love and look around a little yourself…http://www.southernliving.com/ and My Recipes.com.
I wish I would have gotten a pic of this tasty dish, but I was too busy eating it. 😉 Give it a try!!
Bacon Potato Salad
*For more tips & prep information, make sure you check out the recipe at http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-potato-salad-10000001079910/!
– 6 to 8 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked & crumbled
– 6 green onions, chopped
– 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
– 2 TBS diced pimiento, drained (*D left this out when she made it…we aren’t big pimiento fans)
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– 1/2 cup mayo
– 1/2 cup sour cream
Garnishes: paprika, celery sticks
1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, then drain and let cool slightly.
2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add bacon, chopped green onions, and next 4 ingrediants.
3. Stir together mayo and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat.
4. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Garnish if desired.
5. Stuff yourself!
This dish would be perfect to take to a summer get-together. (*Just remember to refrigerate…mayo is involved!) Just blogging about it makes me wish I had a big ol’ bowl of it to eat right now!
KEEP CALM & SLAP YO’…OH NEVERMIND.