Hello there friends…got another Scattered Saturday post coming at ya today. Sometimes it feels like these posts just come around so quickly! Today’s post is, as is typical of a Scattered Saturday post, pretty hodge-podgey. Hope you’re up to it! 😉
1. Ever wonder what kindergarten teachers eat for dinner that first week of school? (Oh you haven’t? I thought everyone wondered about things like that…No? Just me? Oh…okay then.)
I do know that it would BLOW my student’s minds to realize that I do indeed have a home away from the school. Contrary to popular belief, I do not live in my classroom, sleep under my desk, or eat apples for dinner every night.
If only the apples were the case…
So, so sad….but so, so true. This literally was a “meal” I ate one night that first week when Chris was at school. Can we say comfort food? Can we say hello 5 pounds?! Can we say “WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!”
Not gonna lie. It was delish.
2. One night this week I took Huxley out after dark for his last little outing of the night. I usually like to sit out there with him, but on this particular night…not so much. Just about the time I get him out there and we get comfortable, I spied with my little eye…a SNAKE!
<I thought it was a baby rattler, but since it didn’t have any buttons it was downgraded to a bull snake.>
Insert: Big, Hunky Husband to the rescue!!
In what is a far cry from my upbringing, we had a lot of trouble finding something we could use to kill the snake with. No weapons, no shovel, no hoe…what to do, what to do?
Insert: A little improvisation & a brave husband to the rescue!
So, while I held Hux and
sat crouched on the bench, Chris killed the snake using his grill tools. He used his nice & sharp spatula to hold it down behind the head and our butcher knife (from the big wooden block) to finish it off. I was armed with the big grill fork (or whatever you call that thing)…and why I was armed I don’t know. It just felt right.
Oh, and Chris carried it off using our salad tongs. Guess that’s just how we roll.
Since it was dark, I couldn’t get a good pic of the snake with my iPad. Instead I have chosen to include a pic of the utensils that were used to do the deed.
Don’t worry. They were promptly washed.
And I hope the other snakes took notice.
3. Today was Huxley’s (and our!) first day of what I affectionately call “Puppy Kindergarten.” We signed up for the class through our local pet store, and the classes are held right there in the store. I was nervous about who Huxley’s classmates would be, and how much better/worse they might act than he does. I mean, I want my baby to be the best! (Again…ugh! Imagine how bad I’ll be when I have a real child!)
All that worrying for nothing though…Huxley is the only puppy in the class! That means he gets to be “Teacher’s Pet,” “#1 Student,” and all those other fun things rolled into one!
Now as to which human is #1 (Chris or myself)…that’s yet to be seen.
Here is a picture of Hux on his first day of Kindergarten:
See what a big boy he is? He’s got all those teeth in his mouth, a smile on his face, and his big ol’ ears all perked up and ready to go!
Our first day went pretty well…more to come on that tomorrow. 🙂
4. This next piece of info is truly just totally random, and I don’t even know if it is still the case, but I just had to show it to you.
Ew. I took this picture last weekend when my parents (and the rest of the county basically) were dealing with dirty water. You could tell it was dirty when you looked in the toilets and such, but it was really mindblowing to see it in the washing machine. That’s all they had to wash their clothes in…guess it’s better than nothing!
<Put our minds to ease Ma…is it better now?>
5. Today I finally got the chance to go see “The Help” with my good friend K. I won’t say a lot about it here, only that I loved the book and I loved the movie. I thought the movie did the book justice and all the characters meshed with what I had envisioned as I read the story myself. It is a must see!
6. And finally, I think I’ve decided that what I really, really need tonight is to soak in a warm tub that is up to my nose in bubbles. On that note…gotta go! <source>
So that’s all I got…how’d ya like that?!
KEEP CALM & STAY RANDOM!