Good morning fellow friends & eaters of food! You should like today’s post because it is all about a yummy recipe my Mom and brother created/adapted from others they’ve seen. I wanted to share it with you first thing today so that you have time to get all the ingredients and cook it for dinner tonight, if you want. (No pressure or anything!)
You’re on your own for breakfast and lunch. 🙂
So without further introduction…Mom & Brother’s Stuffed Peppers!
*bell peppers (she did 4, you could prob do 5/6 total)
*1 lb. ground beef *whatever spices you prefer (they use Mrs. Dash to be heart healthy)
*rice (can be white or brown, whichever you prefer…a lot of options here!) *can of black beans *can of corn
*canned or fresh cut tomatoes to pour on top if you’d like
What To Do:
(*Steps 1-4 can be completed at the same time…)
1) Core out the bell peppers, then place them in boiling water for a bit to soften them up
2) Brown the ground beef & season as you wish
3) Cook the rice
4) Warm up the cans of black beans & corn
5) Mix together the beef, rice, beans, & corn
6) Stuff into peppers, add some cheese on top
7) Place in the oven (maybe at about 300 degrees or so) until cheese melts & all the flavors have a chance to meld together. (Is meld even a word?! You know what I mean!)
8) Once peppers are removed from oven, spoon some tomatoes on top if you’d like and *VOILA!* dinner is served!
This meal will be very low in sodium, easy to cut into (thanks to boiling the peppers), and very filling! And, as an added bonus, your kitchen will smell delicious…everyone’s noses will be perking up to see what you are cooking up in there. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! 🙂
KEEP CALM & COOK ON!